Release plugin and maven-deploy

Todd McGrath
Hi,

Using the release plugin and trying to deploy a plugin to a remote maven repo (nexus).  Whenever I run:

grails maven-deploy --repository=zubRepo

Receive:

Using configured username and password from grails.project.repos.zubRepo
[install-provider] Installing provider: org.apache.maven.wagon:wagon-http:jar:1.0-beta-2:runtime
   [deploy] Deploying to http://tools.mysite.net:8081/nexus/content/groups/zub-wom
Uploading: org/grails/plugins/zub-tags/0.1/zub-tags-0.1.zip to repository zubRepo at http://tools.mysite.net:8081/nexus/content/groups/zub-wom
Transferring 9K from zubRepo
   [deploy] An error has occurred while processing the Maven artifact tasks.
   [deploy]  Diagnosis:
   [deploy]
   [deploy] Error deploying artifact 'org.grails.plugins:zub-tags:zip': Error deploying artifact: Failed to transfer file: http://tools.mysite.net:8081/nexus/content/groups/zub-wom/org/grails/plugins/zub-tags/0.1/zub-tags-0.1.zip. Return code is: 400
Error deploying artifact: Error deploying artifact 'org.grails.plugins:zub-tags:zip': Error deploying artifact: Failed to transfer file: http://tools.mysite.net:8081/nexus/content/groups/zub-wom/org/grails/plugins/zub-tags/0.1/zub-tags-0.1.zip. Return code is: 400
Have you specified a configured repository to deploy to (--repository argument) or specified distributionManagement in your POM?

BuildConfig:
grails.project.repos.zubRepo.url = "http://tools.mysite.net:8081/nexus/content/groups/zub-wom"
grails.project.repos.zubRepo.username = "eng"
grails.project.repos.zubRepo.password = "pass"

I'm at a bit of a loss to know where to begin to debug.  Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,
Todd

Re: Release plugin and maven-deploy

pledbrook
Administrator
> Receive:
>
> Using configured username and password from grails.project.repos.zubRepo
> [install-provider] Installing provider:
> org.apache.maven.wagon:wagon-http:jar:1.0-beta-2:runtime
>    [deploy] Deploying to
> http://tools.mysite.net:8081/nexus/content/groups/zub-wom
> Uploading: org/grails/plugins/zub-tags/0.1/zub-tags-0.1.zip to repository
> zubRepo at http://tools.mysite.net:8081/nexus/content/groups/zub-wom
> Transferring 9K from zubRepo
>    [deploy] An error has occurred while processing the Maven artifact tasks.
>    [deploy]  Diagnosis:
>    [deploy]
>    [deploy] Error deploying artifact 'org.grails.plugins:zub-tags:zip':
> Error deploying artifact: Failed to transfer file:
> http://tools.mysite.net:8081/nexus/content/groups/zub-wom/org/grails/plugins/zub-tags/0.1/zub-tags-0.1.zip.
> Return code is: 400
> Error deploying artifact: Error deploying artifact
> 'org.grails.plugins:zub-tags:zip': Error deploying artifact: Failed to
> transfer file:
> http://tools.mysite.net:8081/nexus/content/groups/zub-wom/org/grails/plugins/zub-tags/0.1/zub-tags-0.1.zip.
> Return code is: 400

I've not seen a 400 before. I would look at the Nexus logs to find out
why it's complaining.

Peter

--
Peter Ledbrook
Grails Advocate
SpringSource - A Division of VMware

Re: Release plugin and maven-deploy

Todd McGrath
Well, I got things rolling by creating a new "hosted" repo in Nexus.  The previous attempt was using a "group" Nexus repo which contained "Releases" and "Snapshots" repos.

I am still curious about getting things working with a group repo.

Re: Release plugin and maven-deploy

pledbrook
Administrator
> Well, I got things rolling by creating a new "hosted" repo in Nexus.  The
> previous attempt was using a "group" Nexus repo which contained "Releases"
> and "Snapshots" repos.
>
> I am still curious about getting things working with a group repo.

I suspect the URL is wrong and you explicitly need to use either a
release URL or a snapshot one. The Release plugin, unlike Maven, won't
automatically select the appropriate URL based on whether the project
version is a snapshot or not. Feel free to raise an issue for it if
you'd like though.

Peter

--
Peter Ledbrook
Grails Advocate
SpringSource - A Division of VMware

Re: Release plugin and maven-deploy

Prash
Thanks alot. that worked
I have changed the public URL (group which combines both snapshots/releases) to Release URL and it deployed my artifact sweetly.

Regards

Prash