Quantcast

Export gsp to pdf (full content, including styles)

Export gsp to pdf (full content, including styles)

pedrojo
Hello, first of all thank you very much for the help. I've tried the pdf plugin and rendering plugin(the latter is the one that convinced me) but I do not know if I do something wrong or is a limitation of the plugin but can not do a full dump, Couldn't I do a full dump? (keeping also the style of gsp) I only managed to save the information in plain text.

The goal is that I need to convert a gsp page into pdf that teaches content produced by "Google Chart Tools" (maybe you don't know that) and I have no idea how. I watched the jasper plugin and I've seen that something similar is posible with templates .jrctx (I could do graphics and other things) but not everything that I like. Do you know if there is something way to dump the full content of gsp (including style and content) to a pdf (as if it would make a photo).

Thank you very much for the help, I know it's very messy but I have been searching a lot of days and I don't get with the solution.

Re: Export gsp to pdf (full content, including styles)

pledbrook
Administrator
> The goal is that I need to convert a gsp page into pdf that teaches content
> produced by "Google Chart Tools" (maybe you don't know that) and I have no
> idea how. I watched the jasper plugin and I've seen that something similar
> is posible with templates .jrctx (I could do graphics and other things) but
> not everything that I like. Do you know if there is something way to dump
> the full content of gsp (including style and content) to a pdf (as if it
> would make a photo).
>
> Thank you very much for the help, I know it's very messy but I have been
> searching a lot of days and I don't get with the solution.

If you want to convert XHTML -> PDF, then try Flying Saucer:

    http://xhtmlrenderer.java.net/

That said, in what way is the Rendering plugin not doing what you want?

Peter

--
Peter Ledbrook
Grails Advocate